What exactly does the Night Audit do?
Use the Night Audit button to start the Night Audit/ day closure. You will be redirected to the next screen:
You can see which day you are closing. The nightaudit takes care of the following possible actions within VIPS, this can be different per location:
- Closing the tax entry date of the system.
- Guests not checked in, with a scheduled arrival on the day of the nightaudit, will recieve the status ‘no show’ and the relevant details will be cancelled.
- Finalizing the scheduled bookings of the booking plan of the day of the night audit.
- The status of occupied rooms from clean to dirty in the system.
- Performing any extra defined actions.
If you click on ‘Close the day’, a check of the arrivals of that day will follow. If guests have not checked in, this message follows:
Afterwards, the Night Audit will be performed.